Monthly Favourites | September 2015

04:00


It's the end of my first month as a blogger and no better way to commemorate this other than a generic monthly favourites post! When I was picking out my favourites I noticed I've mentioned nearly all of these products in posts throughout the last month but isn't that the point of these things anyway?! On with the good stuff.

1. MAC Cranberry

Where do I begin with this?! I'm usually reluctant to buy MAC shadows considering Inglot shadows are a fraction of the price with more product but this has converted me. For starters, I looooove the colour. I've been wearing so many looks with it lately (including two in my first looks of the week post here). The deep-plum/burgundyish colour has a pink shimmer and it's just everything I ever want on my face. And, as with all MAC shadows, the colour payoff does not disappoint and blends really well.

2. Ardell Demi Wispies Lashes

If you watch any Kylie Jenner make-up tutorial on the internet, chances are these are the lashes used. I bought these initially when I was in Birmingham way back in May this year and I still have that exact pair and they're in perfect condition four months later. Earlier in this month though I spotted these in Boots and they were on promotion for €5 a pair so naturally I grabbed the last two pairs left. I wear these pretty much every single day and they're the lashes in every single one of my looks of the week. Not to mention how many people mistake them for individual lashes and compliment how natural they look. These are an all round winner.

3. MAC Honey Love

Up until about three weeks ago, the only nude lipstick I owned and liked was MAC's Velvet Teddy. I'm not sure what made me buy Honey Love but I was at a MAC counter, it looked really nice and I just couldn't help myself. Matte nude lips are my absolute favourite and admittedly, this is very similar to Velvet Teddy but a nude lipstick is never not a good investment. I've been wearing this loadssss with Wet 'n' Wild lipliner in Willow for a really nice everyday nude lip. Plus it's super long-lasting but would you expect any less from a MAC lipstick?

4. Seventeen Stay Time Foundation


I talked about this in last week's foundation routine post but I don't think I emphasized how much I really love this. With it being a fraction of the cost of any foundation I've used in the last four years but with flawless coverage and finish (and an incredible selection of shades even for pale folk), this is my new favourite thing. This is definitely going to be my go-to foundation from now on, For €8.99 it's definitely one of the best things I've bought all year. I wear the shade Fair everyday and I'm definitely going to check out a shade for when I'm tanned too. Seventeen is one of my favourite brands lately and I can not wait to try out some of their other products.

5. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

This kind of goes hand in hand with the Stay Time foundation. I've been using a flat foundation brush by RT for what feels like forever and while it did the job, it doesn't really feel all that nice on my face. Welcome Expert Face Brush. The brush is super soft and it spreads and blends foundation so nice and evenly on the face and it's really great for making sure you've no foundation line around your face/neck. Real Techniques brushes in general are really great especially for the price. The Expert Face Brush is €13.29 (buy here) and Boots usually have some sort of special offer on these brushes all the time and compared to other high quality brushes, they're such a steal.

6. P.S Love This Make-Up Brush Cleanser


I guess this goes hand in hand with the RT brush too! I've never bothered with products like this, I used to just go through the pain of washing my make up brushes. When this first came out in Penney's it was fleeced off the shelves and although I've spotted it a few times since then and I've just never bothered buying it. I eventually caved in last week and for the sake of €2.50, saving me from washing my brushes all the damn time, I understand why it sold out so fast. It's perfect for switching between colours on a brush without completely drowning the brush and it smells really nice. Can't complain at all about this product, so handy and definitely a new staple in my collection.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews