My Autumn/Winter Lip Favourites.

04:00

I'm only about a million years late writing this one but better late than never! I've seen so many blogs/vlogs the last few weeks on autumny/wintery lipsticks and thought sharing my favourites would be worthwhile. When I thought of autumn/winter colours I instantly thought 'dark colours and warm tones', and truth be told, I'm not super into warm colours on my lips, dark colours, yes, but not warm tones. There is a few exceptions in here though. Completely coincidentally, all the products I picked out have a matte finish, but as I said, coincidental. The colours I've picked out as my A/W Favourites are MAC's Velvet Teddy, Diva and Stone, Wet 'n' Wild's Mocha-Licious and MUA Liquid Lipstick in Kooky. 

1. MAC - Velvet Teddy 
This lipstick doesn't really need an introduction does it? For the last few months, anyone who wanted pouty Kylie Jenner lips needed Velvet Teddy. It's the most perfect brownish nude colour. It looks great all year round but I had to give it a lil shout here because I just love it so much. I usually line my lips with Stone by MAC and then blend this into the line and it looks unreal. Heart eye emojis all round. If I had to live with one lipstick for the rest of my life, this is it. (A really good dupe for Velvet Teddy is Wet 'n' Wild's Bare it All, if I go on a night out I'll put Valvet Teddy on before going out then I'll take Bare It All with me to top it up because I wouldn't be as heartbroken if I lost a €2.99 lipstick over a €20 one!)


2. Wet 'n' Wild - Mocha-liscious 
According to the plastic wrapper on this, this is one of Wet 'n' Wild's new shades. Mocha-liscous is a warm brown, but still very wearable. Like I said at the beginning, I'm not mad into dark, warm colours but this just looks so good on the lip. Wet 'n' Wild's matte formula is my favourite of all time next to MAC's. They're not drying on the lips and they're super creamy while still maintaining a matte finish. Plus, for €2.99, they're fool proof. I've been picking up a lot of their lipsticks lately and I'll definitely be adding to my collection. For now, I'll definitely be wearing Mocha-liscious a lot over the next few months. 


3. MAC - Diva 

Diva is a deep, red-burgundy and I looooove it. I bought this in the middle of summer and I haven't worn it as much as I would have liked to, but now the season is here and I have every excuse to wear it. I like pairing this with a light brown/nude eye. I don't care if it's only October either, I am loving the Christmas vibes this lipstick gives me. Definitely glad I made this investment a few months back!

4. MUA Luxe - Kooky 
I was pretty hesitant to post this one, but the colour won me over. I can't remember how much this cost me, but I bought four of them (four different colours, I didn't like Kooky that much) and it cost less than €15 for all four. I'd read good reviews on them and when I saw them in stock in Superdrug I dived at the chance. These are super drying on the lip, and I have dry lips most of the time as is, so they weren't ideal for me, plus, as a result of this, they tended to flake on the inside of my lip outwards after an hour or so of wear. However, this colour is UNREAL. It's a deep plummy purple and ugh, it gives me life. If the formula was a little better, this would be such a winner, sometimes I make the sacrifice and wear this knowing I'll have to top up every hour  and I usually regret making that choice but I still keep going back to it, so I guess that says it all about this!

5. MAC - Stone 
It took me a while to decide if I was going to use this or not, because I couldn't tell if it counted as an A/W colour, but it does for me. Around last Christmas I bought Stone as a lipliner (before we were blessed with the lipstick) and I wore it all over the lip and that was last winter so yes, this is an A/W colour. I just love this so much, probably my favourite MAC product full stop. Plus cool tones are such a winner in my books right now with my lilac/purple hair I have going on.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews