MeNow Matte Liquid Lipstick Review || €1 eBay Find

05:00

I've seen sooooo many posts/reviews of these lipsticks and I've seen a mixture of both good and bad reviews so I decided to give them a go. I haven't tried all that many liquid lipsticks, mainly because they tend to be drying and I don't need that in my life. I picked up three colours - 10, 18 and 30 to give them a go. They took about a month to arrive from Hong Kong and cost €1.31 each. I got these almost two weeks ago but I didn't want to review them until I really gave them a go, but I can definitely say for starters, these are so worth the price you pay.
10 - 10, unlike the other two, has a metallic finish which I wasn't expecting. Online this appeared to be a rose goldy kinda colour but in person its a shimmery pink/nude. Not a huge fan of this one and I probably won't ever wear this.
18 - 18 has been raved about for being a dupe for Limecrime's Cashmere but I'm not seeing it. It's a muted pink rose colour with gray undertones. So I understand the comparison. On the lips its definitely not as vibrant as Cashmere but its a gorgeous neutral colour for everyday wear none the less.
30 - 30 is my favourite by far. Its such a nice brown colour that's completely acceptable to wear every day. I'd even say that on the lips, this would be much closer to Cashmere than 18. If you're going to buy any colour from the collection, get 30. 

When I first swatched and tried these on, I hated them. The formula was sticky even when they'd dried to their matte finish. They were especially sticky when you pressed your lips together which resulted in this happening:
(this is 18 with flash on, it's not that pink at all). So when I wear these, I apply the product then set it with translucent powder and this makes the world a difference, Here's 30 after 5 hours wear, I didn't touch it up at all and I ate since I applied it (ignore the potato quality photo):
So they're pretty good for the price they are, right? These are my first eBay makeup buy, I probably will buy some of the other colours too. You can find these on eBay by searching 'liquid matte lipsticks', there's a tonne of sellers with the exact same product. The brand of these is called MeNow and they say on the label that they're lipgloss, which they most definitely are not! There has been some concerns raised as to whether the ingredients in these are safe to use etc and although research done on these has been minimal, they seem to be fine from what I've found.

Have any of you got some good eBay makeup finds? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews