Review || Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay

12:05

Remember me? The gal who used to write here regularly? Been super busy with work and college but I'm here now and with a review of the palette everyone's been talking about, for the wrong reasons! When I saw the palette I was like 'meh I don't need this' and to be fair, I didn't need it but I was like whatever I'll get it. It's a 15 colour palette collaboration between Gwen Stefani and Urban Decay which sounds like an unreal combination but I was left feeling a lil 'meh'. I feel as though the best reviews of this palette are from bloggers who received the palette to review and the worst reviews are from those who didn't actually bother getting the palette to begin with. I'm somewhere in between there and to be honest, no it's not the worst! I'll get into the details now. 

As I said, the palette has 15 shades, 12 of which are new and the other 3 are preexisting shades. 
Blonde is a white white white. It's the whitest, creamiest, most pigmented white I've ever had, very similar to Lyric from the Kat Von D Remix palette which I love as a highlight. 
Bathwater is a pale shimmery beige. 
Skimp is a preexisting shade. Another highlight colour which obviously wasn't necessary. 
Steady is a light rose gold colour with gold shimmer. 
Punk is the one colour I was super excited about. A reddish burgundy colour that looks completely different out of pan (see swatch). 
Baby another rose colour, slightly more intense than Steady. 
Anaheim a light taupe matte brown. 
Stark a light matte beige colour. 
Zone practically identical to Anaheim only sliiiightly darker. 
Bottom to top: Blonde, Bathwater, Skimp, Steady, Punk, Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone. 
Serious is a medium grey with white/silver shimmer. 
Pop pale coral pink with shimmer. 
Harajuku a baby pink with shimmer, not nearly as bright as the colour in pan suggests. Probably the worst pigmented colour in the palette. 
Danger a deep royal blue colour. 
1987 bright yellow/gold colour. 
Blackout the real MVP of this palette. One of the blackest black shadows out there but it existed before this palette. Nonetheless, always a winner. 
Left to right: Serious, Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1987, Blackout. 
I think my description of the shadows says it all? It's almost a boring Naked palette with a couple of bonuses. Too many of the colours are similar to others in the palette. Compared to UD's other releases this season, the Gwen palette is lacking something. The best thing about this palette is Blackout and the packaging. There are some unreal neutral looks to be made with this palette without a doubt (see below). But for a palette that was destined for greatness. It wasn't all that great but it's still a palette that is decent for everyday looks with the amount of nude/neutral tones it has. 

If you still want this after reading my review, it's €46 and you can get it in Debenhams. It comes with samples of the UD x Gwen lipsticks that are due out next year which in fairness, look more promising but not getting my hopes up! 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews