Heavy Coverage, Matte, Drugstore Foundation Routine

04:00

Lips are MAC's Velvet Teddy allllll day.
Considering that I wear foundation pretty much every day, I've never really wanted to be spending a fortune on the products I use. However, it's taken me forrrrever to find a foundation that fits my pale, matte finish needs that doesn't cost a fortune or feels like I just spread butter on my face. Until about two/three weeks ago my go to foundation was Inglot's YSM in shade 41 and I was running on low and bought some things on a whim and holy lord my life has changed so I'm gonna share my finds with you all right here.
Skull is a tealight halloween decoration in Penneys for €3 get on it.
Foundation: Seventeen Stay Time Foundation in Fair (€8.99)
Concealer: Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Fair (€5.99)
Powder: Collection Pressed Powder in Candlelight (€3.99 - similar)
Blush: Seventeen Cheek Stamp in Bashful (€6.99)
Bronzer: Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder for Lighter Skin (Penneys/Pharmacies)
Brushes: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (€13.29), buffing brush and contour brush (part of a set €28.99)


Using the Real Techniques Expert Face brush I'll apply a layer of the foundation (side note for all you pale gals - the Stay Time foundation comes in super pale shades, for the first time in my life, I had to use the third lightest shade and not the lightest) all over my face and down my neck (after I've done my eyeshadow). Before I do my concealer I'll do my eyebrows with my old reliable ABH Dipbrow and then I'll apply the concealer on my T-Zone (using a brush to tidy up and sharpen my eyebrows) under my eyes in a downwards triangle shape, above my lip and on my chin. With the buffing brush I'll then press the powder all over my face to set the liquidy stuff and give my face an overall matte finish. I use the essence bronzer as a contour (I buy one of these a year, they're huge and actually do last that long) with the contour brush under my cheekbone. In the picture above I'm wearing Benefit's Coralista but when I was buying some of the stuff above if you spent more than €8 on Seventeen products I got a free cheek stamp and it's quite literally, a stamp to apply blush. The applicator I don't like at all, but the colour of the blush I got (Bashful) is a really nice nude, muted pink colour and looks really nice on when applied with anything other than the stamp (seriously, anything but the stamp), sure, it was free can't complain.

All Seventeen products are available in Boots nationwide and online (links above) and if you haven't already, the new Boots app for iOS and Android is hunreal. You can link your advantage card to the app and then load different deals to your card which you can use automatically when you scan your card at the checkout. The deals are personalized for you and there's loadssss of savings to be made!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews