GRWM || Step-by-Step Burgundy and Gold Smokes

07:45




Two posts in one weekend! Today was the first day all week where I had the chance to do this because every other day I was either a) awake at the crack of dawn when it was still dark out for college and natural lighting didn't exist or b) too lazy to wear make-up for the same reason. Anyway I was reallllly liking the look I was going for today so here's a lil step-by-step tutorial on how I did it.

As always, I started with a primer, right now I'm using the P.S. Love This Highlighter pen from Penneys as a primer. 
1. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied MAC Cranberry in the crease and under my eye, blending in circular motions to prevent any harsh lines.
2. With the same brush I took Urban Decay's Buck from the Naked 1 palette to darken up the crease, blending in circular motions again but not going out as far as I did with Cranberry.

3. Again with the same brush, I used Inglot's #63 in the crease to darken it a little more and again, not blending out as far as Buck in the previous step.
4. Using a flat brush, I packed on Inglot's #25 to the lid and the inner corner of my eye.

5. I accidentally left my usual liquid liner open last night and it dried out completely since it was almost empty, so using an angled liner brush I applied Seventeen's Smoulder Gel Liner to create a thin line on the lid, a wing here is optional! I also applied black liner to my waterline using an Essence Kohl pencil.
5.5. I know there's no picture for this but this is the point where I did my foundation (click here for my foundation routine) and eyebrows (post on these soon). Only additional step I added to the foundation routine is a highlight, my current favourite highlight is Seventeen's Shimmer Brick, I use the Pink Bronze shade. I also went a bit mad with my contour and made it a little darker and heavier than I did in the foundation routine post.
6. I'm not the happiest camper about how I applied my lashes but you win some you lose some, as always, lashes are my all time favourites, Ardell Demi Wispies.
And that's the finished look! On my lips, I lined them super lightly with MAC's Stone and the lipstick is Inglot's #436 which I'm loving loads while my hair is lilac. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you'd like to see more post's like this where I do a kinda step-by-step tutorial on the looks I wear!





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love how cranberry looks. It seems so scary when you look at it in the pan, but the colour that's on your lids is absolutely beautiful!!

    Em | beauty&bullshit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it! A girl I follow on Instagram had it in a post one day and I was obsessed with the colour! Thank you x

      Delete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews